Autumn Escape 2013

Oh my gosh, what a weekend! the girls (Shell's, Fiona, Sarah and Kimberley) and I went off to Wairakei for the Autumn Escape.  A 'Girls retreat' and what a threat it was.  This was the first I had attended (and definitely not the last).  Organised by the ever so wonderful Lucy and Nic.  When we first walked in it was like we had gate crashed a wedding.  

The main crop room was filled with more than 30 tables covered with white table cloths, each table had an autumn centre piece made from a tree trunk platter, with candles beautifully decorated with autumn leaves and a scattering of autumn seeds.   At each table, for each attendee,  was a pizza box full of papers and embellishments.  Yes, and this was only the first 5 minutes.  Low and behold I turn around and there is Candy station, yes 'a Candy Station, jars fill of different candies.  and yes, there was a dish on each table that you could fill as required from the candy jars a the candy station.  


OMG it was hard to go home !!

Even the registration was a threat,  we each got an autograph book that you could use over the weekend.    I shared a table with some new friends from Auckland (Lyn)  and the Mount (Shirley) and meet even more people in the classes that I attended over the 3 days.   I will blog my finished layouts over the next couple of days.  We did have a sketch challenge and here is my entry:



 


I used a Stampin up cardstocked inked to get the colour I needed and I misted the kaiser patterened paper for the main paper base.  I used the leaves from the table decorations together with the split peas and seeds pods on the table to embellish the layout, together with prima light bulbs that have quickly become a favourite of mine.   

Lucy and Nic, many thanks for a great weekend can't wait for next year.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year: Do-Al(l) Kreatives

It's all about the Cake - Layout

DO-AL(l) Creatives - First year birthday celebrations and Blog Hop